Small Garden Rooms
Small garden rooms are a great way to add extra practical and useable space at home. Even our smallest garden rooms make for the perfect single person office, garden pod or den – and are much more spacious than you might think.
A garden room from Green Retreats is designed and built to the same high quality and a room in your house, creating a comfortable environment for either work or leisure. A small garden room is not a compromise for larger space or alternatives, but more a discreet and modern space creating a solution that is bright, airy and enjoyable to be in.
Garden space is a premium, with small gardens being all too common in the UK. Our major cities and most new-build developments offer limited garden sizes. A small garden room is a great way to maximise your space at home and make use of your garden all-year-round in even the smallest gardens.
… or looking for a small garden pod in a larger garden?
A small garden room needn’t just be for small gardens. If you have a larger garden a small garden room can be a hidden retreat or den, tucked away. A small garden room leaves more of your garden free for traditional uses.
Whatever your reasons for choosing a smaller design, your garden room will be a stylish and practical addition to your home and lifestyle.
Small Garden Room Sizes
At Green Retreats we have 4 different garden room designs, each of which is available in over 70 size configurations to suit your space. Our building sizes start at 2m x 2m and increase in size in half metre increments, creating a modular solution to fit your available garden space.
Smallest Building: The Inspiration
Our smallest garden room design is the Inspiration model which is exclusively available in a 2m x 2m configuration.
What’s more, the Inspiration has the smallest external footprint vs internal size compared to any other of our building designs. So if you are looking for a compact garden room that takes up minimal space in your garden, the Inspiration is probably right for you.
How much does a small garden room cost?
The smallest garden rooms start from £13,745 (based on a 2m x 2m Inspiration building). We have a transparent pricing policy where we make it clear how much our buildings cost. No ‘price on application’ or ‘enquire for a price today’ – we list our prices clearly against the size and design of the building to make it easy to know where to start with your budget. You can see our listed prices on the individual building design’s page on our website, or by requesting our brochure.
We include all of the ‘essentials’ as standard in the listed price.
No matter what size of garden building you are looking for, the quality and range of options available are the same. To make budgeting even easier, we include all of the ‘essentials’ as standard in the listed price.
This includes VAT, base/foundations, professional installation, delivery within 100 miles of our Buckinghamshire factory, 2.3m French or sliding doors, opening lozenge window, premium-grade insulation and double glazing, internal electrics, 3 double sockets, lighting, heating, oak laminate flooring and much more!
Make it yours
For added luxury and personalisation, you can ‘make it yours’ with a range of optional upgrades, such as plastering, air-conditioning, cedar cladding, bifold doors and much more.
Benefits of a small garden room
- Practical & Private: Being detached from the main house gives your garden room total flexibility for its use, as well as being private so you don’t disturb the rest of your household or vice-versa!
- Versatile: Your small garden room can be used for almost any purpose! A one-person office, a den or small gym. What’s more, you can easily create a multi-functional space.
- Modern & Compact: A garden room is a unique space that is fun and modern. The compact smaller sizes are convenient for any home and garden.
- Bright & Airy: A small garden room is still bright and airy with large glazed doors and windows as standard, lighting and soft sheen white interiors.
Why choose Green Retreats?
- Since 2005: We have been the UK’s most trusted garden room company since 2005. Green Retreats have been at the forefront of innovation in the garden room market and we are experts at what we do.
- Built in just 1-5 days: Adding a garden room is minimally invasive on your day-to-day life, with a neat and professional installation only taking between 1 and 5 days.
- 5-star rating on Trustpilot: Our customers love us! We have been rated 5 stars on Trustpilot by our customers for our service. It’s great to know we are getting it right!
- Fully transparent pricing & process: There are no hidden costs or nasty surprises when you start your garden room journey with us – making everything clear and simple.
- Eco-friendly: When you choose a Green Retreats garden room you can be confident that your decision has been an eco-friendly one.
- 10-year guarantee: Every building has been carefully crafted from start to finish by us for total quality control. We back this up with a 10-year comprehensive guarantee.
Small garden rooms & planning permission
Planning permission is rarely required on any of our garden room buildings. Our buildings are classed as outbuildings and as such, they generally fall within your permitted development rights at your property.
To find out whether you have permitted development rights or will require planning permission you can get in touch with your local planning office. Find out more here…
If for whatever reason you do need planning permission, we will be sure to take care of the process for you – giving you one less thing to worry about.
General guidance for small garden rooms:
- The total size of your garden room must stay below 30 square metres
- Your garden can only be covered up to 50% with outbuildings
- The height of your building must be 2.5m or lower if you are building within 2m of a boundary, or 3m anywhere else in the back garden.
Small garden room ideas
Be inspired by some of our favourite small garden room customer projects.
For more inspiration, take a look at our videos!
Our garden rooms are priced based on the internal sizes rather than the exterior footprint, making it easier for you to plan your work space. A commercial unit from Green Retreats could end up saving you a fortune from the costs of renting a workspace alone. The price includes base, installation and VAT so there are no (nasty) surprises when it comes to final payment.